The Regional Resource Centre for Asia and the Pacific (RRC.AP) at the Asian Institute of Technology is inviting applications for research internship to support activities of the Air Pollution Cluster.
Location: RRC.AP, Outreach Building, Asian Institute of Technology, Thailand
Deadline to apply: Until filled
Expected Start date: As soon as possible
Expected duration: 2 months.
Description of duties:
The intern will carry out the following activities:
- Baseline data collection pertaining to air quality management and emission reduction measures in ASEAN countries.
- Data analysis and interpretation
- Drafting a country-wise short synthesis report highlighting the issue of air pollution in the country, status of air quality management and policies and needs of the country for air quality management and reduction of air pollution.
- Provide support to air pollution cluster as needed during the internship period.
- Masters or Ph.D. (completed or in progress) in environmental science/ environmental engineering/environmental management.
- Considerable experience in air pollution data analysis and research publication.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- High proficiency in English, both written and spoken.
- Basic understanding of air pollution and familiar with the air pollution problems of ASEAN countries.
- Good interpersonal skills and a collaborative mindset, with experience of working or studying in a multicultural environment.
Please note that the above list of responsibilities is an indicative and the selected candidate may be asked to work in other areas, if needed. We work in a collaborative way and everyone does a bit of everything, so flexibility is highly appreciated.
Please note the internship at RRC.AP is an
unpaid position. The selected candidate is expected to work with RRC.AP without any financial assistance for the duration of the internship. However, at the end of the internship, a certificate will be given to the candidate.
Interested applicants may send their
application online. If you have any question or have problem in submitting the application online, you may send your CV with a cover letter to Dr. R. L. Verma directly.