The Asian Institute of Technology (AIT) promoted the AIT-UNEP collaborations projects in the region at the Seventh Session of the Committee on Environment and Development (CED7) at the UN Conference Centre from November 29 to December 01, 2022. AIT team, represented by staff from AIT RRC.AP and the Office of the VPKT, mounted exhibition booth to disseminate AIT-UNEP collaborations projects including:
- Promoting Minamata Convention on Mercury by making the most of Japan’s knowledge and experiences,
- The Acid Deposition Monitoring Network,
- Strengthening ASEAN Member State Policies with Environmental Health Data on Costs of Inaction and Co-Benefits,
- Regional Dialogue Series by SEA circular,
- Implementing the Global Opportunities for SDGs (GO4SDGS) and Facilitating the Up-take of Science-based Tools for SCP Policy Design and Implementation in the Asia-Pacific Region, and
- Promotion of Community Resilience Against Plastic Pollution and Climate Change in the Mekong River Basin
The Committee on Environment and Development (CED) is an intergovernmental body of the United Nations Economic and Social Commission for Asia and the Pacific (ESCAP). It is convened every two years to review regional trends, identify priorities for action, promote dialogue, consider common regional positions and promote a collaborative approach to addressing the development challenges of the region between Governments and civil society, the private sector and the UN System and other international organizations. The CED provides recommendations to the Commission as a body – made up of 53 members and 9 associate members.